NEW VACANCY! (PK7455)
CHANGE ENGINEER 1 X MECHANICALLY FUCKED AND 1 X ELECTRICALLY FUCKED
Salary with bonus around £44,000
Continental shift model
SWITCHABLE FROM: Northants / Cambs / Leicestershire
Our client is a manufacturer of corrugated cardboard packaging. He is currently looking for two engineers (one mechanically biased and one electrically biased) to assist the plant maintenance team in performing planned and responsive mechanical and/or electrical maintenance for all internal customers on a wide range of cartons. . manufacturing equipment to achieve targets that meet the purpose of the plant.
- Your main duties will include, all mechanical maintenance and machine repairs, perform fault finding diagnostics, on all plant machinery including lifting mechanisms, pressure vessels, waste systems, hydraulic and conveyor systems, as well as perform minor electrical repairs within your ability
- Follow the troubleshooting process, liaise with OEM, TL and Focus engineers, production personnel.
- Recording of all work and troubleshooting on Maximo and/or on an RCA
- Attend daily team support meetings as required and provide feedback on maintenance related issues to operations teams
- Work PM schedules and undertake all corrective actions assigned by Engineering
- Maintenance manager or coordinator/planner
- Report all issues found to TLs and completed logging jobs in Maximo
- Report maintenance downtime issues and analyze equipment to improve performance
- Undertake and lead small improvement programs as and when required
- Communicate any issues or suggestions for improvement to the Engineering Manager
- Assume responsibility in assigned areas of ownership and provide progress reports as required.
- You will also need to identify critical spare parts for designated machines and refurbish spare parts as necessary.
- Liaise with OEM, TL and Focus engineers, production personnel. Logging of all work on Maximo and/or on an RCA
- Assume administrative responsibilities as part of his role and liaise with manufacturers and suppliers to procure materials and spare parts
- You will also be expected to work in a safe manner following all company policies and procedures and ensure that all security systems are in good working order.
- Using dynamic risk assessments, lockout and tagout procedure, conducting BSO visits, using contractor controls and supporting process, when in doubt, using CC permits to control own work
- This role will primarily involve working on a continental 24/7 (4x4x4) shift model, with the flexibility to cover training, projects and co-workers as needed.
- Commit to the SPS/SMS program to improve and maintain best practices in this area
- Complete all SMS/SPS schedules for PMs when tasks are completed, use Maximo to log in and out of jobs, support and complete RCAs when issued during your shift.
- Provide as much detail as possible to ensure you can improve reliability and/or reduce the risk of problems reoccurring
- Act as the responsible person on site and undertake oversight of the contractor with respect to company guidelines and procedures
- Use CMMS software (Maximo) to record reactive and preventive maintenance tasks
- Keep abreast of all current and relevant practices by participating in training opportunities and information from technical and professional journals