A fast-paced global provider of managed services and cloud solutions is looking for a highly skilled Tier 2 Support Engineer who will provide technical information and excellent customer support to a global customer base. You will troubleshoot, diagnose and repair primarily Microsoft technologies plus 3 othersrd third-party systems while assisting the lead engineer in completing complex projects. The successful candidate must have a strong Microsoft Azure, including creating/managing subscriptions, support for virtual machines inside and outside the guest OS, managed SQL instances, Microsoft 365 – Exchange Online (all aspects), Active Directory, SharePoint Online, OneDrive for Business (all aspects), MS Teams, VMware, Hyper-V, Citrix XenServer, FortiGate, Barracuda, Cisco, Veeam, Backup Exec, Arcserve.
- Provide high level support for cloud hosted services via email, phone and remote support to customer base in UK, Europe, Asia, USA and South Africa.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and fix most Microsoft technologies as well as other third-party systems.
- Engage with senior engineers to deliver complex projects.
- Assist in mentoring team members.
- Provide technical insight and expertise to queries from internal team members and customers.
- Create knowledge base documentation for procedures.
- Creation/management of subscriptions
- Configuring the RBAC Role
- Support for virtual machines inside and outside the guest OS (Server 2012 to 2019, Linux, NVA appliances)
- Networking (Network/Firewall Security Groups, Switch, VLAN, VPN, Cisco)
- Application Gateway/WAF/Azure Front Door (rules configuration, troubleshooting, etc.)
- VPN Gateways
- Knowledge of the PRTG system
- Azure Firewall
- AKS (Azure Kubernetes Service)
- Managed SQL instances
- Azure Virtual Desktop (creation/manipulation of Gold images, Azure File Services)
- Configuring Log Analytics for Monitoring
- Azure Backup
- Azure Site Recovery (installation, troubleshooting, etc.)
Microsoft 365 –
- Online exchange (all aspects)
- Microsoft Active Directory Administration/Migration
- Microsoft Exchange Administration/Migration [Phone Number Removed]; & Microsoft Server Roles 2008/2012
- SharePoint Online (all aspects)
- OneDrive for Business (All Aspects)
- Security and compliance
- Microsoft Teams
Crossover with traditional IT services which include support/configuration of –
- Virtualization (VMware, Hyper-V, Citrix XenServer)
- VDI (Citrix XenApp, HorizonView)
- Clustered storage (NetApp, Synology, Dell EMC)
- Firewall (FortiGate, Barracuda, Cisco)
- Skype for Business
- Backups (Veeam, Backup Exec, Arcserve)
Although we would love to respond to every application, if you are not contacted for this position within 10 business days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for a job, make sure you meet the minimum job requirements. OnlySouth African citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not at the stated location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all job applications and correspondence. Please email a word copy of your CV to [Email Address Removed] and mention the reference numbers of the works. We have a job listing on [URL Removed] Datafin IT Recruitment – Jobs in Cape Town.
Find out more/Apply to this position