- Permanent full-time position
- Exciting opportunity to oversee campus security projects
- Base salary $109,663 plus 17% superannuation
About the Opportunity
The Technical Services Project Coordinator provide overall project management and guidance to support the implementation of key work strategies and programs for the Protective Services team across all Divisions/Faculties/PSUs. Projects may include managing the commissioning and delivery of electronic and mechanical security systems, delivering cross-functional security projects to achieve divisional goals, and supporting continuous improvement projects for the team . The incumbent will also manage and oversee the project organization, including developing the project organizational structure, project charter, manpower plans, and project processes and resources needed to support implementation. Managing stakeholders and communications to ensure effective collaboration between all parties involved will be important for success
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- manage the organization and overall implementation of the project
- identify and map key project resources needed to establish and begin project delivery, including technology, equipment, and other physical resources
- coordinate and support projects to increase our emergency management capabilities
- monitor project budgets and implement effective cost controls
- provide effective project management of activities and deliverables ensuring that delivery of high quality results is achieved within defined budget parameters and agreed timelines
- identify and analyze emerging risks and threats to program implementation and recommend mitigation, minimization or elimination measures
- manage project vendors, equipment resources to ensure project deliverables are met
- experience in project management or project coordination of large scale equipment supply and installation
- experience managing a diverse group of key internal and external stakeholders
- monitor project budgets and advise on cost control methods
- precision, attention to detail, good planning and a forward-thinking approach
- highly organized with the ability to keep a structure for their day
- experience in security systems would be a plus
- Experience in emergency management highly valued.
To keep our community safe, please review our COVID Safety Precautions which form our entry requirements for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian permanent resident.
Australian temporary residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed-term contract for the duration of their visa, depending on hiring area and position requirements.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of any required pre-employment or background checks on terms satisfactory to the University. Likewise, your continued employment is conditional on your satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary action, including termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a university community that reflects the larger community we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginals and Torres Strait Islanders, women, people living with a disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgroundsand those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all walks of life.
How to register
Applications (including a cover letter, CV and any additional supporting documents) can be submitted through the Apply button at the top of the page.
If you are a current University employee or a contingent worker with access to Workday, please log in to your Working day account and navigate to the Career icon on your dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable accommodation or support in completing this application, please contact Sajad Bahram, Recruitment Operations, via email at [email protected] to
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to make any appointments.
Click to see the Job Description for this role.
Sunday, June 12, 2022 11:59 PM