Job Title: Senior Technical Services Officer
Application deadline: May 8, 2022
Hours: 36 per week
Location: Glenrothes (Hybrid Working)
Salary: £37,649 – £43,022 per year
Kingdom Housing Association (KHA) is the parent organization of Kingdom Group and is one of the leading providers of affordable housing in East Central Scotland.
Our Asset Management department is responsible for ensuring that Kingdom Group properties across Fife, Perth & Kinross, Falkirk and Clackmannanshire are well maintained through our responsive repair service as well as our scheduled and cyclical maintenance programs . We have an extensive works program in 2022 with over 200 kitchen replacements, window and door replacements in over 120 properties, bathroom replacements in almost 400 properties plus a number of other projects.
We live by our CARES values of customer, responsibility, respect, efficiency and solidarity. In addition to basic services, related to the provision, management and maintenance of affordable housing.
About the role
We are looking for a Senior Technical Officer to deliver and manage the Association’s planned maintenance, cyclical repairs, upkeep and improvement programs and monitoring of these and the work of the internal maintenance department.
You will be part of a small team providing efficient and high quality service to our customers.
For the full job profile and person specifications, click here. For the conditions of employment, click here.
You will be educated to HND level or above or have the relevant experience.
You should have a solid understanding and knowledge of procurement, contract management and be familiar with both the Scottish Housing Quality Standard (SHQS) and the Energy Efficiency Standard in Social Housing (EESSH). Collaborative work is essential and prior experience in management would be desirable.
You will have excellent communication skills, strong computer skills and be comfortable working independently in a fast-paced environment.
You will need to have a driver’s license and access to a car for business use. You can benefit from our car loan program.
You will be required to complete a satisfactory Police Act Scotland Disclosure Standard check.
- An attractive salary and benefits package.
- A contributory pension scheme (employer’s contribution of 10%) and the possibility of joining the salary exchange pension scheme.
- Right to a generous 37 days annual leave (33 days plus 4 public holidays). After 5 years of continuous service, you will be granted 2 additional days of annual leave and 2 additional days after 10 years.
- Access to our low interest car loan program.
- Access to our Kingdom Academy offering a range of learning and development opportunities.
- Reinforcement of rights with regard to the family (maternity, adoption, paternity and shared parental leave) and sickness benefits (up to 6 months of full salary).
- Access to our employee assistance program offering a free information service and an employee counseling service.
- Access to our benefits platform offering a wide range of discounts at UK retailers, our Cycle to Work programme, travel and leisure benefits allowing you to spread the cost of holidays and wellness support. Discounted gym membership.
- A variety of flexible and hybrid work arrangements such as flexible work hours, compressed hours, remote work, including flexibility around the workplace.
How to register
You can apply online by visiting our website and click on the Kingdom Housing Association Vacancies link.
The Kingdom is committed to contributing to the eradication of homelessness. As part of this, we particularly welcome applications from people who are currently registered as homeless or who have been in the last 12 months. We will guarantee shortlisting to any candidate who meets these criteria and the essential criteria for the vacancy. If we offer you the role and you are homeless at the time, we will also offer you a rental in one of our properties under the Naumann Initiative. If you would like to be considered for the program, please indicate this under “Additional Information” on your CV/cover.
Scottish Charity No: SC000874