Koraput: On the second day of searches against Manoj Kumar Patra, Assistant Engineer, Sunabeda Municipality in Koraput District, the bank record of Union Bank, Pokhariput Branch, Bhubaneswar was searched by the officers of Odisha Vigilance in the presence of Patra , AE and witnesses.
During the search, other huge cash, gold and silver jewelry hidden in the locker was recovered and seized. With this, the total seizures reached Rs 28.61 lakh in cash, gold 369.10 g and silver 288.51 g. All these elements were seized by the vigilance authorities.
On the alleged possession of assets disproportionate to known sources of income, simultaneous searches were launched on the properties of Manoj Kumar Patra, Asst. Engineer, Sunabeda Municipality 18-19.02.2022 at 6 locations in Khurda, Gajapati, Ganjam and Koraput districts i.e.;
- Residential Apartment No. 102, Block A-2, 1st Floor Apartment in Kokila Palace (Phase 1), Pokhariput, Bhubaneswar.
- Two storey building at Plot No. 900, Shakti Nagar, 4th Lane, Berhampur.
- House at native place located at B.Sitapur, Paralakhemundi.
- A relative’s residential building at Chandraprabha Street 2nd Lane, Berhampur.
- Residential area of Sunabeda Municipality Settlement, Sunabeda.
- Office room at municipal office, Sunabeda.
6 Odisha Vigilance teams led by 5 DSsPs, 8 Inspectors and other staff conducted the search based on search warrants issued by the Honorable Court of Special Judge, Vigilance, Jeypore.
During house searches so far, the following assets worth Crores have been discovered in the name of Manoj Kumar Patra, AE and his wife;
- Total Cash Rs 28.61 Lakh.
- Gold jewelry about 369.10 g and silver jewelry about 288.51 g worth more than Rs 11.44 Lakh.
- A 3 BHK apartment in Pokhariput, Bhubaneswar is worth around Rs 80 lakh.
- Two-storey building in Berhampur worth around Rs 50.57 lakh as per preliminary estimate. The technical vigilance of the wing to perform detailed measurements and evaluation can increase further.
- 7 plot numbers including one plot in Bhubaneswar and 3 plots each in Berhampur and Koraput. An undervaluation is suspected at registration. Vigilance Technical Wing to perform detailed measurements and assessments.
- Fixed deposits, bank, insurance and postal deposits above Rs 40 lakh.
- Household items worth more than Rs 16.59 Lakh.
- A Hyundai Venue car worth Rs 12.88 lakh.
- 2 two-wheelers (Honda Unicorn worth Rs 1,10,000/- & TVS Jupiter worth Rs 59,500/-).
The discovery of more assets is likely and the overall valuation is likely to increase. The investigation is ongoing.