Reporting directly to the Manager of Information Technology and Biomedicine, the Junior Technical Support – IT Systems is primarily responsible for providing end-user support services across the hospital’s IT services portfolio. Sault area.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide IT support services to the Sault area hospital community. This includes desktop computers, printers, telephones, handhelds and other equipment.
2. Participate in on-call rotation to provide support services after 5:00 p.m. and on weekends.
3. Additional duties may be assigned based on workload and ticket volume, including but not limited to providing frontline support services to the hospital community. Sault area, including clinical and non-clinical staff, using various methods of contact including, but not limited to: Telephone, Email and in person.
4. Liaise with end users and staff and provide training and support on computer operation and other issues.
5. Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end user workstation hardware/software, networked devices, and networking hardware/software products.
6. Perform incident resolution in accordance with the ITIL framework – onsite analysis, diagnosis and resolution of complex IT issues for a variety of end users, and recommend and implement corrective hardware solutions, including offsite repair if necessary .
7. Receive and respond to inbound calls, pages and/or emails related to all end user products and services at Sault Area Hospital
8. Develop and maintain an inventory of all IT equipment using the asset management tags and associated database in the ITSM solution.
9. Must meet service quality and quantity standards, managing workload on shifts.
10. Ensure support requests are handled properly, timely and accurately.
11. Work with end users to identify and deliver required IT service levels.
12. Assist end users with new solutions for service improvement
13. Build, install and test custom configurations to meet specific end user requirements.
14. Liaise with third-party support and IT equipment vendors
15. Other assigned duties.
• College diploma or university degree in technology or a related field
• An equivalent work experience of 3 years would be an asset for this position.
Knowledge and skills:
• Ability to work effectively and efficiently as a member of a team in a fast-paced environment in stressful situations.
• Skills in customer service, interpersonal relations and telephony.
• Computer skills in a corporate environment (Microsoft, Cisco, VMWare)
• Ability to maintain productive working relationships with the interdisciplinary team to achieve positive patient outcomes.
• Ability to organize time effectively to perform job duties.
• Ability to meet and interact with people in a pleasant, professional, responsible and reassuring manner.
• Behavior consistent with the mission, values and performance standards of the hospital.
• Ability to read, write and communicate to perform job duties.
• Knowledge of and experience working with Windows-based operating systems, including but not limited to: current Windows client/server operating systems and Apple iOS.
• Knowledge of and experience working with technology-based hardware, including but not limited to desktop computers, printers, telephones, handhelds, and other equipment.
• Knowledge and experience working with virtual computing environments.
• Knowledge and experience working with enterprise network systems, including switching concepts, VLANs, and IP-based network connectivity.
• Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
• Motivated and directed.
• Attention to detail.
• Analytical and problem solving skills.
POSTED: January 13, 2022 at 4:00 p.m. to January 20, 2022 at 4:00 p.m.
The Sault Area Hospital is a respectful, caring and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity, equal opportunity and maintaining a barrier-free selection process for applicants. Accommodation requests can be made at any stage of the recruitment process, provided the candidate has met the requirements of the vacancy. Applicants should make their requirements known to the Human Resources department when contacted. All inquiries are treated confidentially