Department: Academic Department
Reporting to: HEAD OF FACULTY: Information Technology
Job Summary: Be responsible for and provide professional leadership and management for the academic department; ensure high-quality teaching, efficient use of resources, and better standards of learning and achievement for all students
Duties and responsibilities Academic role:
Module and program content:
- Manage the quality assurance of the assigned program and associated modules.
- Ensure the quality of learning materials.
- Submit learning materials to the faculty director for quality assurance.
- Upload quality-assured learning materials to the relevant learning management system(s).
- QA and/or facilitate topic moderation in area of expertise and/or related assigned areas.
- Develop or facilitate the design of facilitation instructions based on the unique needs of education clients.
- Apply and monitor the application of the applicable quality assurance body and evaluation requirements in the program area.
- Provide advice on possible improvements to facilitators and keep the Head of Department informed.
- Investigate research, suggest and apply new trends, products and technologies relevant to the allocated education phase(s) in line with budget and current business strategy.
- Innovate and suggest new teaching models that will meet future educational needs, such as increased independent learning and critical thinking.
- Manage learning support and support systems in the field (determine extent of support and if support would require more than one hour(s)
Academic role: examiner and quality assurance:
- Manage the quality assurance of the assessment of the assigned program and associated modules.
- Ensure quality of assessments as well as alignment of assessments with unit standards. 3. Submit all evaluations to the faculty director for quality assurance. Upload assessments to relevant learning management system(s)
- QA or facilitate the moderation of assessment tasks in the area of expertise and/or related assigned areas.
- Develop or facilitate the design of assessment instructions and guidelines based on the unique needs of education clients.
- Apply and monitor the application and evaluation requirements of the applicable quality assurance body in the evaluation tasks.
- Make sure the assessment tasks represent the standard levels required (eg Blooms & Barrets).
- Define assessments in area of expertise or facilitate the development of assessment activities and scoring guidelines/memos/rubrics
- Interact, communicate with and assist the student when reasonable (can be done in conjunction with COM).
- Interact with the Faculty Director and the rest of the leadership team providing appropriate feedback as needed.
- Undergo training and professional development.
Management and Administration:
- Product development and updates.
- Development of assessments.
- Distribution of work and equalization of workloads.
- Feedback and organization of meetings
5. Setting goals and tracking goal achievement.
- Identification of risks.
- Identification of work rhythm.
- Other task assignments and definition of requirements.
- Improvement strategies (products, assessments) and approaches.
- Quality measures.
- Setting internal deadlines in compliance with business deadlines.
- Organize training and lead initiatives to advance the field.
- Resolve staff conflicts and enforce staff discipline in conjunction with the Campus Operations Manager (COM). The referral to the head of department occurs when the conflict becomes destructive and hinders performance.
Marketing and branding:
- Be involved in the marketing of CTU academic products and services on a limited scale if necessary.
- Build relationships with external stakeholders and parties of interest
- Ensure implementation of accrediting body program guidelines, all addenda, and other relevant academic standards and requirements.
- Effectively communicate all information and materials to teaching staff.
- Facilitate, manage and monitor program implementation.
- Manage and monitor the timely delivery of animator work.
- Manage and monitor the quality of the animator’s work.
- Attend organizational meetings (if required).
- Manage day-to-day tasks i.e. emails, phone inquiries and topic forums.
- Interact with the rest of the company to report and educate on relevant issues.
- Manage and communicate the risks which must be addressed to the head office (head of faculty).
- Help identify and appoint qualified and competent facilitators.
- Lead and manage projects as needed
- Foster the preeminent role of research in the faculty and build outstanding research capacity in all represented programs.
- A minimum of 2 research results must be produced annually in coordination with the HOPs and teachers of the institute.
Experience, Qualifications and SkillsQualifications:
- Specialized degree or master’s degree in information technology, computer science, electrical engineering or any relevant field.
- A Ph.D. degree and/or industry certifications may be an added advantage
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
? Oriented detail
? Follow to the end
? Respect of deadlines
? Leadership qualities
- Adaptable to change
- Conflict management skills
Computer literacy (essential):
- Microsoft Excel
- MS Word
- MS Outlook
- internet services
Qualifications and experience:
- At least 3 years of experience teaching IT technical support / cloud solutions
Special requirements to complete the job:
- Knowledge of SAQA and related laws
- Knowledge of ETQAs and their processes
- Knowledge of the United States and the courses we are enrolled in
- Knowledge of the subject
- Understanding of the requirements of the different phases,
- Experience in assessment in fields of study
- Knowledge of QCTO and their processes
- Higher Education Knowledge and Curriculum Development
- Cloud solutions
- IT technical support
- Program structure
Desired work experience:
Desired level of qualification: