The Faculty of Natural Sciences, Mathematics and Engineering (NMES) is seeking an experienced Technical Services Lead and Manager to manage Technical Services in the Physical Sciences at the Strand, Waterloo and Guys campuses ( Britannia House).
NMES is an ambitious and forward-thinking faculty, with an outstanding reputation in a range of disciplines in engineering, science and technology. NMES is embarking on a multi-departmental growth strategy which, over several years, will see a considerable increase in the number of students and staff.
The incumbent will be an experienced technical professional with leadership and management experience in technical services, and operational knowledge of technical support in a physical science field. Managing four technical services managers across the organization and on three different campuses, the incumbent will be a leader in the technical community at King’s and will be responsible for technical delivery activity in a number of different buildings.
The job holder will:
- Lead campus-based physical science technical services staff in research and teaching.
- Lead safe work practices for responders through a strong health and safety regime.
- Support Technical Services Managers and the extended team in providing best-in-class physical science technical expertise.
- Lead and direct human and financial resources, ensuring that they are used effectively and efficiently in pursuit of the academic mission.
- Oversee the organization of individual and team activities to integrate and coordinate work across the campus and technical services function.
- Provide authoritative knowledge of work practices, processes and procedures relevant to the position.
- Forge strong relationships and develop an extensive network with colleagues and stakeholders across campus, university and beyond.
- Develop and manage the deployment of process standardization and adoption of best practices across all areas of technical services.
- Foster a stimulating, innovative and inclusive cultural environment in technical services, allowing students and staff to thrive and develop.
- Engage in and widely promote Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and training initiatives, consistent with the Technician Pledge.
This position will be offered on a permanent contract.
This is a full-time position – 100% full-time equivalent