At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united to provide the best experience for our customers. As an Infrastructure Engineer within PNC’s Mainframe Support Technology organization and positioned within the CICS Technical Services team, you will be based in Pittsburgh PA or Cleveland OH. Remote / work from home applicants will also be considered. The ideal candidate will have a mix of technical and leadership experience, with a passion for improving processes, defining technology strategy and understanding current technologies. Experience with CICS TS, MQ Series, CICS Transaction Gateway, and CICS Explorer is preferred.
As an integral part of this dynamic and evolving team, you will assist PNC service partners in problem solving and follow-up and perform simple, routine tasks that require basic knowledge of the specified support function. This role provides opportunities related to some of the latest technologies – CICSPlex, CICSPlex Systems Manager (CPSM), CICS Transaction Gateway, MQSeries z / OS Queue Sharing and VSAM / RLS. PNC is committed to integrating integrity, teamwork and customer focus into all aspects of our day-to-day work and performance.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Installation and support of mainframe infrastructure software technologies which may include any of the following: CICS TS, CICSPlex Systems Manager, CICS Transaction Gateway, MQ Series, Mainview, CAFC, CICS Abend-Aid, ACF2 for CICS, Omegamon , CICS Interdependency Analyzer, and interest
• Perform customization tasks for CICS and related products. Perform CICS statistics analysis and subsequent tuning to maintain a stable CICS environment.
• Working knowledge of SMP / E, zOS concepts including JCL, COBOL and assembler
• Demonstrate strong proficiency levels in multiple skill areas, particularly those relevant to SCIC.
• Ability to install, maintain and manage mainframe software supporting geographically dispersed data centers.
• Provide 2nd or 3rd level technical support for mainframe infrastructure software.
• Assist service partners in problem solving. Track and communicate unresolved issues
• Provide 24/7 on-call coverage on a rotating basis and general problem-solving assistance to our service partners.
• Help with configuration, design troubleshooting, and remediation of complex environments.
• Work in collaboration with our peer mainframe technical support teams, our application development teams and their lines of business.
• Communicate effectively with service partners to identify needs and assess alternative technical solutions and strategies. Continuously define ways to increase service partner satisfaction and deepen partner relationships.
• As opportunities arise, plan, lead, design and coordinate technology projects across multiple teams and multiple organizational layers
• Perform job responsibilities in accordance with business risk management and technology standards
• Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Effective time management and prioritization skills
Experience, skills, additional knowledge
• Experience installing software using SMP / E
• Experience in Unix system services
• Experience in zOS Connect
• Experience in Agile / Devops (Jenkins Build engine, GIT, Eclipse)
- Applies solution design and support while consistently meeting customer needs. Leverage technical knowledge and industry experience to design, build and maintain infrastructure technology solutions.
- Develops software components and hardware for projects; aligns them with company strategies and goals.
- Independently resolves common problems and updates applications with new technologies.
- Collaborates with engineers, architects, developers and other staff to achieve project goals.
- Analyzes customer technology needs and provides ongoing support to customers.
PNC employees take pride in our reputation and continue to rely on what we expect from our employees:
- Customer centric – Know the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage this information to create personalized customer solutions.
- Risk management – Evaluate and effectively manage all risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure that they adhere to and support PNC’s enterprise risk management framework.
Application delivery process – Knowledge of the main tasks, deliverables and formal methodologies of application delivery; ability to use them to deliver new or improved applications.
Consulting – Knowledge of techniques, roles and responsibilities in providing technical or business advice to clients, both internal and external; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to a variety of situations.
Effectiveness Measure – Ability to measure the quality and quantity of work effort in order to improve.
Industry Knowledge – Knowledge of the industry group’s organization, trends, directions, key issues, regulatory considerations and trendsetters; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to a variety of situations.
IT Industry: Trends and Directions – Knowledge and ability to analyze experiences, developments and market trends related to the Information Technology (IT) function.
IT Standards, Procedures and Policies – Knowledge and ability to use a variety of administrative skills and technical knowledge to manage the organization’s IT policies, standards and procedures.
Planning: Tactical, Strategic – Ability to contribute to operational (short term), tactical (1-2 years) and strategic (3-5 years) planning in support of the overall business plan.
Problem Solving – Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques to recognize, anticipate and resolve organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to a variety of situations.
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with over 3 years of relevant / direct industry experience. Certifications are often desired. Instead of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Additional job description
(C3) $ 55,000 to $ 142,600
The compensation of a person in the compensation bracket is aligned with their experience and skills. Placement in the pay band is based on the specific role and the following factors:
– Low end – Develop skills and work experience
– Within the range – The experience and skills correspond to the mastery of the position
– Higher range – Experience and skills add value beyond typical job requirements
– The pay range may vary depending on the geographic location
The role is a qualifying incentive with payment based on the performance of the company, the company and the individual.
PNC offers its employees a full range of benefits to help you meet your current and future needs. Depending on your eligibility, options for full-time employees include medical / prescription drug coverage (with a health savings account feature); dental and visual options; life insurance for employees and spouses / children; protection in the event of short- and long-term disability; maternity and parental leave; paid public holidays, vacation days and occasional absences; 401 (k), retirement and stock purchase plans; reimbursement account for dependents; supportive care for children and the elderly; adoption assistance; education support and a strong wellness program with financial incentives. To learn more about these and other programs, including benefits for part-time employees, visit pncbenefits.com> New to PNC.
Declaration on accommodation for disabled people:
The Cabin Crew Member workplace is inclusive and supports individual needs. If you have a physical or other disability that may require accommodation, including technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or the submission process, please call 877-968-7762 and select option 4: Recruitment or contact us by e-mail at [email protected]
The hours of operation for the Human Resources Service Center are Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. ET.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
The PNC offers equal employment opportunities to qualified people regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other categories protected by law.
Refer to the California Consumer Privacy Act privacy notice to understand how PNC may use or disclose your personal information in our hiring practices.