ASSIST in the software commissioning of one of SA’s leading industrial IoT companies developing software solutions for the mining, healthcare and maritime industries seeking a highly technical Application Support Engineer. You will commission sensors used to monitor mining processes and ensure high uptime by continuously monitoring installed sensors. The ideal candidate will need 2-4 years of Deskside/Server/Application support experience, have strong Linux proficiency, working knowledge of Windows, SQL databases and queries, Python, Bash, PowerShell, Git and will be comfortable reading/editing XML and JSON configuration files.
- Server support and troubleshooting.
- Software testing.
- Collect server and application statistics for weekly reports.
- Calibration/Configuration of software installed on site.
- Continuously monitor servers and sensors deployed in the field.
- Provisioning of servers/software via Ansible, Azure IoT and Git.
- Create support and commissioning documentation if needed.
- Make sure that all affected servers and applications are running error-free.
- Notify responsible development due to code issues.
- Ensure that customers are happy with the resolution of the issue and keep the customer informed while resolving the assigned issue.
- Liaise with internal and client IT regarding infrastructure architecture planning and maintenance.
- Serve as a company ambassador to customers.
- 2 to 4 years of experience in Deskside, Server or Application support.
- Windows and Linux experience (with a strong focus on Linux).
- Working knowledge of SQL databases and SQL queries.
- Able to diagnose and troubleshoot application issues, and escalate to resolve if necessary.
- Ability to learn and master employer specific software for support purposes.
- Knowledge of scripting: Python, Bash, PowerShell.
- Understanding of networking and switching.
- Ease of reading/editing XML and JSON configuration files.
- Get comfortable with Git.
- Knowledge of Azure IoT environments and Docker containers.
- Understand OPC communication and its configuration.
- Fluent in English (read, spoken and written).
- Communication and People Skills: Willing and able to speak to customers regularly, understand their needs and resolve technical issues.
- Willingness to take initiatives and take ownership of responsibilities.
- Can work in a team environment.
- Complex problem-solving skills: Ask customers focused questions to quickly understand the root of the problem and solve the problem.
- Accept responsibility for completing an assigned task with great care and quality.
- Ability to learn quickly.
Although we would really like to respond to every application, if you are not contacted for this position within 10 working days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for a job, make sure you meet the minimum job requirements. AloneSouth African citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not at the stated location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all job applications and correspondence. Please email a word copy of your CV to [Email Address Removed] and mention the reference numbers of the works. We have a job listing on [URL Removed] Datafin IT Recruitment – Jobs in Cape Town.
Find out more/Apply to this position